Brucellosis, undulant fever, help!?

Omar O. Barriga oobarrig at pop.service.ohio-state.edu
Sun Mar 30 21:56:12 EST 1997

>Ralph Maughan wrote:
>>  >
>>  > We've been discussing and arguing about Yellowstone bison,
>> brucellosis,
>>  > transmission of the disease to humans and lots of other things for a
>>  > month now on a number of usenet groups.
>>  >
>>  > This is an expanded crosspost to try and get some information on the
>>  > following?
>>  >
>>  > 1. How many cases of human brucellosis -- undulant fever -- are there
>>  > in the United States nowdays?
>>  >

The Summary of Notifiable Diseases in the United States, 1995 (in the
Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report of October 25, 1996) lists 98 cases of
human brucellosis in the USA in the year 1995. Of these, 28 occurred in
December, 15 in June, and 10 in April (peak months). The states more affected
were California (29), Texas (19), and Illinois (9).

	I hope this is useful,
					Omar O. Barriga