this kooky thread about Birdie's friend!

Irisnbob irisnbob at aol.com
Sun Nov 2 21:57:52 EST 1997

This entire thread is a very good example of why I find myself spending less
 and less time reading various newsgroups.  Please!!  The key to preventing
 these annoying and scientifically dubious claims from taking over a newsgroup
 is not to answer them in the first place.  If someone is convinced, as Donna
 is, that eating raw pineapple and getting coffee enemas cured her of her
 massive parasitic infections, all the scientific explanations in the universe
 aren't going to convince him or her, and you might as well save your breath.
 As for Birdie, I agree that her friend has received some shaky medical advice,
 that her friend should visit a travel clinic staffed by physicians experienced
 in diagnostic parasitology, and that's the end of it.  Nobody is going to
 successfully diagnose her friend's infection over the Internet, so let's stop
 trying.

Dr. Bob Garrison
Parasitologist in professional diapause at the moment :(