Eukaryotic cell

Omar O. Barriga barriga.2 at osu.edu
Wed Oct 1 19:06:03 EST 1997

>I will not sleep well untill I get an answear to the question: Why would
>anyone in the biology world want to find an average, normal or common
>cell. Only statisticans shuld care about averages. In biology it is
>almost a sensation if you find a species that fits any averages. IF YOU
>REALLY WANT A PICTURE OF AN AVERAGE CELL, DO AS STATISTICANS DO: USE THE
>AVERAGE FORMULA, FIGURE OUT HOW THAT APPLY TO CELLS AND MAKE A DRAWING.

Gerd:
	You may have a valid philosophical point but it is entirely impractical.
In answer to your question, parasitologists would like to find an average,
normal, common cell. How are they going to distinguish between Entamoeba
histolytica and E. coli otherwise?
	Now you can sleep well again (or spend your  non-sleeping time thinking that
other biologists may have problems different from yours').
	Cheers!
			Omar O. Barriga