Visible parasite's eggs ?

Omar O. Barriga barriga.2 at osu.edu
Tue Sep 23 22:18:36 EST 1997

In article <875061754.8374 at dejanews.com> ranirado at zoot.tau.ac.il writes:
>dejanews.com!not-for-mail
>Date: Tue, 23 Sep 1997 19:52:32 -0600
>From: ranirado at zoot.tau.ac.il
>Subject: Visible parasite's eggs ?
>Newsgroups: bionet.parasitology

>Dear friends,

>I would like to know if there are kinds of parasites/worms
>in the human-body, which have VISIBLE eggs ? Ascaris ?

>I thank you for your time, Nir :)

>      http://www.dejanews.com/     Search, Read, Post to Usenet

The only eggs of human parasites large enough to be visible with the
naked eye are the eggs of lice (commonly called "nits"). The eggs of
mosquitoes, kissing bugs, and other insects are also visible with the naked
eye (although they are very, very small) but they are laid away from the host.
The Ascaris eggs, that are fairly large by worm's standards, are less than
100um (about 1/250 of an inch) so they are too small to be visible.
				Omar O. Barriga