Junk mail

Gerald L. McLaughlin, Ph.D gmclaugh at iupui.edu
Tue Apr 28 09:14:18 EST 1998

Glen-

Graham Clark, who initially proposed moderating the Parasitology listserve,
has been inquiring to the listserve contractor about doing so a number of
times since his original posting.  He has received assurance that this can
be done, and that the listserve's charter is being changed appropriately.
Hopefully, details about mechanisms for posting and re-posting can be more
rapidly defined, and possible related costs addressed.  I have agreed to
serve as a back-up moderator, for off-hours and when Graham is unavailable.
Graham just sent me another copy of his most recent inquiry (yesterday) to
the majordomo, since we all have also noticed the even greater recent
proliferation of sex- and product-oriented spams. We all also hope that
Graham and the majordomo can resolve this issue rapidly!

Jerry
Gerald McLaughlin

At 06:19 AM 4/28/98 -0700, Glen A. Scoles wrote:
>List members,
>
>I have recently re-subscribed to this list after a 6 month hiatus.  In the
>past this list has been a valuable resource and has provided a lot of
>interesting discussion. However, since re-subscribing I must say that I'm
>put off by the sex related junk mail I've received. I know that the
>responsible users of the list are not involved and I assume most of you are
>as put off as I am. Has there been discussion of this problem? Does anyone
>have a solution besides just hitting the delete key? I'm afraid I'll have
>to cancel again if this is to be the norm.
>
>Sincerely,
>
>Glen Scoles
>
>*******************************
>Glen A. Scoles, Ph.D.
>Postdoctoral Associate
>Dept. of Epidemiology and Public Health
>Yale University School of Medicine
>60 College St., P.O. Box 208034
>New Haven, CT 06520-8034
>(203) 785-3223
>Fax: 785-4782
>Home: (203) 387-1294
>
>Alternate address:
>Plum Island Animal Disease Center
>P.O. Box 848
>Greenport, NY 11944
>(516) 323-2500 ext. 532 (voice mail/lab), 416 (office)
>Fax: 323-2507
>
>E-mail: Glen.Scoles at Yale.EDU

Gerald McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dept Pathology & Laboratory Medicine
Indiana University School of Medicine
635 Barnhill Drive, MS A128
Indianapolis, IN  46202-5120
E-mail:  gmclaugh at iupui.edu
Ph 317-274-2651; pager 275-5000, I.D. #2916