Alaria

just me justme at currentnews.nu
Sun Aug 30 22:29:02 EST 1998

Tom Valley wrote:

> Mr.. and Mrs..  Tallant,
>
> As one the physicians who are providing care for your friends I was quite
> surprised when I saw your posting in this news group.  Your friends has been
> kept up to date on what this organism is what it would do if it were in
> their bodies, which at this point is not a certainty as there are many
> possible diagnoses.  Without breaching confidentiality this is all I am
> liberty to say, but I am sure one of them would be glad to explain it asked.
> Please remember that this newsgroup is open to the public, and information
> about sensitive medical cases must be closely watched.  Thank you,
>
> Tom Valley M.D.

I agree that certain information about the patient concerned should be
keep private. However, none of the information offered in the original
post has not breached any law, providing the friend received the
information from the patient themselves.

I would hate to see a person discouraged from searching for information
that may possibly help a friend in need.  Many times a patient is not
fully informed about a possible condition(s) or treatment(s) (although
this does not seem to be the case here), and the internet can offer many
points of views and tips of where to find information.

just me.