Guinea Worm

alloprimate Manager robert.s.lewis at gte.net
Tue Dec 15 23:41:46 EST 1998

Mike Morgan wrote:

> Would anyone, by chance, have a picture of the larva or adult
> of the guinea worm (Dracuncula medinensis).
>
> I would like to use it in an article regarding Cyclops, the intermediary
> host in the
> disease, for a microscopy page on the Web.
>
> If anyone could mail me a JPG of same, I would be most grateful.
>
> M. Morgan
>
> prorot at eurobell.co.uk

Hello Mike,
  Visit "FilGenNet, the Filarial Genome Network" at
http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/mbx/fgn/filgen.html .
Guinea worm is at
http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/mbx/fgn/pnb/dracmed.html#bioandepid.  Warning:
Photos contained on this page are very graphic and may cause projectile
vomiting.  Not recommended for children.  More resources can be found at
Nasty human and non-human animal diseases, epidemics, plagues, pestilence,
poxes and parasites! (and some organizations in the war against disease!)
http://users.nye.net/~macaque/diseasewebsites1.htm .

Bob Lewis

Robert S. Lewis
e-mail: macaque at bigfoot.com
NEW!!! The Macaques of Lopburi, Thailand
(http://users.nye.net/~macaque/lopburi1.htm)
The Monkey Room Debacle (http://www.bigfoot.com/~macaque)
---Nifty Primate-related Websites
(http://users.nye.net/~macaque/primatewebsites1.htm
---Nasty human and non-human animal diseases, epidemics,
plagues, pestilence, poxes and parasites! (and some
organizations in the war against disease!)
(http://users.nye.net/~macaque/diseasewebsites1.htm
---Millie Macaque's Bookstore and Required Reading List
(http://users.nye.net/~macaque/bookstore.htm)