Trypanosoma strains

Eric R. Hugo e_hugo at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu
Sat Jan 3 13:09:39 EST 1998

Dear Bionetters,
        Does anyone out there have Trypanosoma brucei brucei and
Trypanosoma lewisi.  I am about to teach an upper division Parasitology course
and would like to follow the course of infection of these two organisms in
the rat.  I would also request any information on the pathogenically of
T. b. brucei.  I have always been under the impression that this subspecies
was not infectious towards humans.  I ran across a brief mention of possible
human infections with this parasite on the net.  Does anyone have any info
along these lines?   Thanks for any assistance.
                                        Eric

e_hugo at dsu1.dsu.nodak.edu\ | | \\  // | | //  \\ | | \\
Asst. Professor, Biology  \\ | :,\\': | //      \\ | :,\\
Dickinson State University|PGP 2.6 public key
Dickinson, ND  58601      |available from most key servers
http://www.dsu.nodak.edu/~hugo/