moderation

Mark Farmer farmer at EMLAB.CB.UGA.EDU
Wed Jan 7 09:33:14 EST 1998

Graham is right.  Having now served as the moderator of bionet.protista
for the past three months I can tell you that it works!  I have received
(and deleted) all the the spam articles that appeared this month and
last on bionet.parasitology  It is easy and takes me all of 5 minute per
day.  No big deal.

The one caveat is that the request must come from one of the original
"founders" of bionet.parasitology   I checked for your group charter but
cannot find any record of it.  Note, one of the founders does not have
to serve as the moderator, anyone who checks their email daily can
assume that duty.  When I am out of town for more than a few days I have
a trusted colleague at my institution carry out my moderator duties for
me.  Once again, no big deal.

My advice?  Just Do It!

-Mark Farmer