Foot Fungus

David Leake dleake at xroads.com
Wed Jan 7 22:53:27 EST 1998

My father has asked me to post the following message.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Subject:   Query about surgery for removal of fungus growths from the
feet and lower legs.

While recently in Europe I was operated on numbers of times to remove
fungal growths from within my feet and lower legs.   Many foreign bodies
were removed. These included  principally:
      1.    Calcified deposits, one as large as a quarter and numbers
about the size of kernels of corn.
      2.    Long, worm-like growths ranging from one to five inches long
and 1/16th to 1/4 wide, a few of them being somewhat putrid.
      3.    Small sacks (cysts) of putrid matter containing old blood
and fungi. These were typically 1/4" in diameter and up to 1/2" long.
They were near to rupturing, with severe potential consequences.

Prior to the operations I had inflammed conditions in the toes and skin
disorders on the right ankle.

I have been seen by a physician in a Infectious Disease Clinic of a
University Hospital and to a well-recommeded podiatrist.  Neither of
them were acquainted with any such surgical procedures.  The physician
in Europe said that these procedures were little known.  Neither of the
doctors felt that I had a further problem.

Yet, I detect some clues that indicate that I may still have some
remaining
problems.  I am not interested in paying further for doctors to tell me
they know nothing of such conditions or procedures.

I would like to communicate with a doctor who either knows of such
procedures, or who would like to learn in lay terms of the procedures.
(I have fairly complete journal entries about what was done.)