Cryptosporidium source

Gerald L. McLaughlin, Ph.D gmclaugh at IUPUI.EDU
Thu Jan 15 08:36:03 EST 1998

Dr. Stibbs at Tulane University has a small company that supplies exotic
parasites including Cryptosporidium from calves, for a fairly reasonable
price; I've also gotten some from Kansas State's S. Upton, and Arizona's C.
Sterling.  At the Tulane primate center, Liz Didier grows in culture many of
the Microsporidia, and has supplied living and fixed material to commercial
and academic users, including myself.

Jerry

At 08:15 PM 1/14/98 -0600, J. Diblasi wrote:
>AnthC22 wrote:
>>
>> I am trying to locate a source of cryptosporidium or microsporidium for
>> laboratory research purposes.  Can anyone tell me if commercial suppliers of
>> these protists exist?
>>
>> Thanks you,
>> Anthony Carpi
>> ac22 at cornell.edu
>Dr Lynn Garcia may be able to help. She is a parasitologist in the state
>of california. She's written numerous articles on the subject of
>Cryptosporidium and Microsporidium. I don't know exactly where she is
>now but I am sure you can locate her on the net.

Gerald McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
635 Barnhill Dr., MS A128
Indianapolis, IN  46202-5113
Ph 317-274-2651; FAX 317-278-0643
e-mail:  gmclaugh at iupui.edu