Functional attributes of the schistosome tegument

Gerald L. McLaughlin, Ph.D gmclaugh at IUPUI.EDU
Fri Jan 23 19:39:38 EST 1998

You might try John Oaks (U. Wisconsin vet school) or Michael Pappas (Ohio
State University, Biology dept), who have done quite a bit of tegument
biochemistry and anatomy research.

At 07:31 AM 1/22/98 -0800, Sam Eaton wrote:
>Hi,
>	I'm a 4th year student at Aberdeen University.  I have been given a
>review essay on the above topic however, i'm having diffficulties
>finding recent relevant information.  The journals i have found so far
>are too specific and seem to concentrate on immunology based topics
>whereas I would prefer to obtain information relating to the physiology
>and function of the tegument.  Information concermimg the development of
>the tegument during the lifecycle, glucose transport mechanism,
>acetylcholine release, the gynecophoral canal would be most useful.  I'd
>appreciate any useful pointers or journals on this subject.
>	Thanks sam

Gerald McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
635 Barnhill Dr., MS A128
Indianapolis, IN  46202-5113
Ph 317-274-2651; FAX 317-278-0643
e-mail:  gmclaugh at iupui.edu