Parasites as Fish Tags

Aaron Thomas Adamack aaronta at
Thu Jan 29 18:37:27 EST 1998

Hi, I'm writing a paper on the use of parasites as biological tags for
populations of fish that are of value commercially or as a sports fishery.
Specifically, I will be writing about using parasites for differentiating
between different fish sub populations within a population as a whole
ie. the salmon from an individual run within the salmon population as a
whole. If you have any suggestions for journal articles I might consider
or know of specific examples could you please let me know. I'm looking
for information on cases involving salmon and herring in particular.