Cryptosporidium

Steve J. Upton coccidia at ksu.edu
Mon Jul 6 12:43:36 EST 1998

Gang,

In collaboration with Christine Dykstra at Auburn University, we hold a
grant from the EPA to develop genomic DNA libraries of various isolates
and species of Cryptosporidium, and deposit these libraries into the
American Type culture collection.  These libraries will allow various
investigators in the future to develop their own types of environmental
probes for the parasite, and allow a wide range of researchers access to
the parasite DNA.

Although we have a variety of isolates from cattle, we are still seeking
other isolates and species (i.e. from humans, wildlife, cats, swine,
birds, reptiles, etc.).  If you are aware of an animal passing
relatively heavy numbers of oocysts, we would like to obtain feces.  If
through an initial screen we find oocyst numbers to be satisfactory, we
will pay shipping charges to acquire the feces plus send you a free copy
of the gDNA library once completed.

Thanks,

Steve J. Upton
Division of Biology, Ackert Hall