HELP!!!! Strongyloidiasis AND Steroids

LilMsModem lilmsmodem at aol.com
Sun Jul 12 14:50:36 EST 1998

    My mother, 49 yrs old, was diagnosed with strongyloidiasis stercoralis on
July 3rd, 1998 after being misdiagnosed for almost 3 months.  First diagnosis
was a stroke after finding a mass within her brain. She was then treated with
masses amounts of steroids.    2nd diagnosis was "Brain Tumor"... we went to MD
Anderson for a brain biopsy. Biopsy came back non-dianostic.  The first week of
July she began having bad diarrhea, so a stool sample was taken.  Finally a
proper diagnosis was made.

   She is now lying in the ICU unit in East Jefferson Hospital, in Metarie
Louisiana. The parasites are now in every part of her body.... Several attempts
have been made to eradicate her body of these vicious parasites/ worms, yet all
have failed.
As of now she in on a venilator at 100% oxygen with 12 peep. Her heart rate is
very high, and her blood preassure seems to be dropping very, very slow. There
is a severe rash from her knee's to her chin, which we were told , were the
parasites migrating to the skin surface. She also has been in a coma for 6 days
now.

 We have many questions, yet the doctors can't seem to answer us.. They keep
giving us hope. small, yet hope. If anyone can help us at all, with any
information, we'd greatly appreciate it. we are at our last ropes physically as
well as mentally...

          Cheri' Leidinger
     LilMsModem at AOL.com