Message/John Gentry

Philippe Esterre esterre at malarde.pf
Thu Jun 25 14:03:21 EST 1998

Dear John,

I have recently organize a little journal-club on the subject of vaccines
against parasitic diseases, and I can add the following information for you.
In addition to the (excellent) book noted by Steve Kayes, take a look to
the following recent publications :
- on the search for a schistosomiasis vaccine the (very interesting,
including a final outcome of the very expansive Schisto Research Program in
Egypt) special issue of Parasitology Today, March 1998;

- on the malaria vaccine candidates, the paper of Kwiattkowski and Marsh-
Development of a malaria vaccine, Lancet, 1997, 350: 1696-1701;

- on a more global point of view, including the community-based evaluation,
the paper of Anderson, Donnelly and Gupta- Vaccine design, evaluation and
community-based use of antigenically variable infectious agents, Lancet,
350: 1466-1470.

Best of luck with your brain storming ! Philippe Esterre
Dr. Philippe ESTERRE - Head of Immunology Unit
Institut de Recherches Medicales L. Malarde
BP30  98713-Papeete (TAHITI)- French Polynesia
Phone: 689 41 64 67 - Fax: 689 43 15 90
Mail: esterre at malarde.pf