delusional parasitosis

Lance C. Russell lrussell at usouthal.campus.mci.net
Thu Mar 12 01:57:39 EST 1998

This may be a direct result of some of the alternate medical quacks
advertising.  Some of these folks claim that parasites are the cause of
everything from acne to zoacanthosis.  What is especially bad about them
is that they claim that some of these "parasites" cannot be detected.  To
get some idea as to what I am talking about check out the following web
sites:

http://www.bellnet.com/candida.htm
http://www.herbcare.com/internalp.htm#Formula C

and my personal favorite:

 http://206.98.106.40/~parasite/dp.cfm?dno=707701

There is also a mention of some of the claims of parasites causing disease
at the Quackwatch web site which is devoted to debunking some of the
quackery and health fraud that is rampant in society today.

http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Tests/cra.html

With all of these advertisements claiming parasites are ruining our
health, is it any wonder that there is an increase in delusional
parasitosis?

Cordially,
Lance

Lance C. Russell