Parasitic Helminths from Genomes to Vaccines II, 1999

Mark Blaxter mark.blaxter at ed.ac.uk
Thu Nov 19 10:09:25 EST 1998

         Parasitic Helminths
       From Genomes to Vaccines
                II

      Edinburgh July 8-11 1999

http://www.ed.ac.uk/~mbx/PHfG2V/ParasiticHelminths.html

Dear Colleagues

We are pleased to offer this first announcement of the second Parasitic
Helminths From Genomes to Vaccines conference to be held in Edinburgh from
July 8-11, 1999.
Please note the date in your diary.
The two year span since the first conference will have seen the completion
of the first helminth genome, the coming-of-age of DNA vaccines, and
surprising new insights into parasite genetics, molecular biology,
biochemistry, metabolism, immunology, and population genetics and
evolution. We hope that all these strands will be represented at the
meeting. As before we hope to attract researchers from veterinary, plant
and human parasitology, and to cover both flat- and round-worm parasites.
PHfG2V number one was a resounding success, both scientifically and
socially, and we hope to surpass this standard in 1999.
The meeting will follow the format of the first, by having themed sessions
with talks chosen from submitted abstracts, poster sessions and a limited
number of keynote speakers.
Please email mark.Blaxter at ed.ac.uk to register an interest in the meeting,
and to ensure receipt of further emails announcing details of registration
and abstract submission.

Dr. Mark Blaxter   email  Mark.Blaxter at ed.ac.uk
Institute of Cell, Animal and Population Biology
Ashworth laboratories, Room 311
King's Buildings, University of Edinburgh,
West Mains Road, EDINBURGH  EH9 3JT, UK
phone: (+44) 131 650 6760  Fax :...650 5450
see  http://helios.bto.ed.ac.uk/mbx/blaxter/blaxlab.html

           may all beings be happy