Malaria and blood transfusion

John Kobayashi johnk at u.washington.edu
Sat Nov 21 18:04:35 EST 1998

Another good source of information is the CDC website: www.cdc.gov
There is a search feature, which will generate a large number of malaria
articles for you. While transfusion associated malaria is quite possible,
but it is rarely reported in the us. Blood banks check potential donors
for a history of malaria.

John Kobayashi, WA St Dept of Health
206-361-2831 FAX 206-361-2930
email: johnk at u.washington.edu