norwegian scabies!

Andrew Marshall Marshallclan at bigpond.com
Wed Oct 21 05:46:47 EST 1998

Hello,
        I am a registered nurse working in rural Queensland and have
encountered a potential outbreak of what appears to be scabies.  In a total
of 45 residents there has been 2 confirmed cases of treatment resistant
scabies in the last week and another 6 to 10 suspected cases.  Quelada and
Lyclear, both pyrethrin based I believe, have been unsuccessfully applied.
There is now discussion about using benzo - bensoate.
    Is there any other treatments available?  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated?
    The home is currently considering the treatment of all residents and
staff, however adverse reactions such as burning of the skin and other skin
reactions have been noted to occur quite frequently with the use of
benzo-bensoate.
                                Thanks for your time,

Andrew.