Gerald L. McLaughlin, Ph.D gmclaugh at
Sat Oct 31 13:36:49 EST 1998

Parasitologists traditionally accumulate and exchange good teaching slides,
but I do like to support commercial suppliers.  Slide costs are seldom
anything near salary costs, and good material is necessary for good
teaching.  Too many parasitology courses and clinical teaching examples use
materials collected from decades ago, whose stain characteristics and
morphologies reflect their age.

I have had good experience with clinical laboratory control slides and
stained teaching slides and specimens from:

Scientific Device Laboratories, PO Box 88, Glevniew, IL, 60025, 708-803-9495;

Trend Scientific, INC, PO Box 120266, 800-328-3949;

Turtox; and Carolina Biological Supply (misplaced addresses)

Probably others have other good suppliers.

At 05:11 PM 10/31/98 +0200, Bruno Betschart wrote:
>I want to update and refresh our slide collection on parasites. I would
>be thankful for adresses where good  quality slides  are available.
Gerald McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dept Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
635 Barnhill Drive, MS A128