Chronic fatigue syndrome

Gerald L. McLaughlin, Ph.D gmclaugh at iupui.edu
Thu Sep 3 10:55:16 EST 1998

At 06:51 PM 9/2/98 +0000, Peter Anderson wrote:
>Can any contributor give me any information on Chronic fatigue syndrome,
>which parasites are associated with this condition
>
>regards
>Peter Anderson

No eukaryotic pathogen has been implicated with chronic fatigue syndrome to
my knowledge.  Several viruses have been implicated, but they are so common
that the reasons that the condition progresses in some cases are not known.
 One assumes that progression depends upon the strain of virus(es) and the
genetics and environment (nutrition, etc) of the host.  No effective
preventative or intervention has been identified to my knowledge, but such
may be feasible for infectious component(s) of the syndrome.

Gerald McLaughlin, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Dept Pathology and Laboratory Medicine
635 Barnhill Drive, MS A128