coccidiosis in rabbits

Sue Harrington, Russ Hobbs sueandruss at bigpond.com
Wed Mar 3 08:52:25 EST 1999

In article <7b3th3$837$1 at reader2.wxs.nl> , "Poultry Farm Products"
<pofp at wxs.nl> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>does anyone know a guide or a way to recognize the coccidial species that
>are pathogene or none-pathogene in rabbits.
>
>thanx,
>Jeroen

I suggest you start with: Catchpole and Norton. 1979. The species of Eimeria
in rabbits for meat production in Britain. Parasitology 79: 249-257. There
is also some good information in Coudert et al 1995. Eimeria species and
strains in rabbits, in Eckert et al. Guidelines on techniques in coccidiosis
research. European Commission Agriculture and Biotechnology, p52-73.
Russ Hobbs
hobbs at numbat.murdoch.edu.au