Parasite Paranoia

Matthew Celeskey hairymuseum at pop.mindspring.com
Fri Mar 5 21:16:01 EST 1999

Relatively new to this group and not at all a professional
parasitologist, but I'm working on an article about hypochondriacal
parasites and was wondering if I could get some real data about the
number of people in the U.S. carry parasites and what percentage of
those are truly threatened by the infestation (aren't there fishing
communities where tapeworms are present in 100% of the population?). I'd
love to hear any commentary on the folks and the shills who are
promoting all the herbal cleansers with scare tactics as well.

Apologies if this is truly off-topic; while I have enjoyed the stories
of wriggling dust bunnies burrowing beneath the skin, I can appreciate
the need for list moderation.

Thanks!
Matt.
hairymuseum at mindspring.com