moderation

Mark Rigby rigby at eco.umnw.ethz.ch
Mon Mar 8 13:40:14 EST 1999

In article
<E0CD868289F2D111972600805FE2FCED5084DD at ecmontreal6.mtlmcg.qc.ec.gc.ca>,
David.Marcogliese at EC.GC.CA ("Marcogliese,David [Montreal]") wrote:

> I am in agreement with moderating the site, but specifically to weed out
> totally unrelated advertising and non-pertient subject matter. I am not
> against the public attempting to become better informed by accessing the
> bulletin board. Given that some herbalists and others are promoting their
> products to the general public as cures for parasites, I think this is a
> situation we as parasitologists should be aware of. In addition, as one of
> the more frequent correspondents mentioned, it does make for good teaching
> material.
> David J. Marcogliese

Let us not forget that without these posts, there would not be much else
going on in this newsgroup.  However, that might not be such a bad task for
a moderator; i.e.,  to come up with topics for discussion.  For example:

What are the hot ideas is ecological parasitology?
What are the hot ideas in molecular parasitology?

Are permanent treatments for parasites realistic goals given the recent
accounts of the evolution of resistance and second site mutations that
lower the costs of resistance?

Mark Rigby
Mark Rigby
ETH Zuerich