Fecal flotations

Judy/Bob Dilworth dilworth at megsinet.net
Wed Mar 10 21:46:46 EST 1999

I know that flotation is "the other" methodology for fecal parasites.
In the labs I've worked at we've always used the ethyl acetate with
formalin method, using the sediment for our slide preparations.  I'm not
sure why this is.  Any other M.T.'s out there that know why?

Judy Dilworth, M.T. (ASCP)
Microbiology