Leishmania promastigotes in sputum?

Chryns at yahoo.com Chryns at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 18 10:04:43 EST 1999

Have anybody here ever seen Leishmania (or possible similar Flagellates)

in promastigote forms in sputum/ throat secrete Because that is what I
suspect that I have found. Is this possible. I have taking some nice
pictures and was just showing the pictures to a Professor in medical
microbiology. He was basically confirming that this was some types of
Flagellates looking like Leishmania or Trypanosome, but he had never
heard about Leishmania promostiogte in the human body and especially not

in sputum, he told me that Leishmania only is found as intercellular
amastigotes in the human body. To find out exactly what type of parasite

this can be we will naturally have to do more specific testing.

The reason that I suspect Leishmania is basically the skin symptoms,
basically increased pigmentation on ears and face and neck area +
diffuse "hyper pigmentation" several places on body.

Well the question is basically it possible for Leishmania to also show
up as promastigotes in in S    sputum/throut secrete. Any other
suggestions would naturally also be helpfull.

I will soon get my very nice Flagellates pictures into electronically
form, and hope some of you will be willing to take a look.

Thanks for any information!!