toxoplasmosis/blindness

David Wood jdwood37 at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 28 17:18:55 EST 1999

I was blinded in the 'yellow spot' of one eye [right] at / before birth but
have good sight in the left eye. I have always had many 'floaters' in both
eyes and I suspect this might be related.

My questions are:
-why would this protozoa infect/damage only one eye and not the other?
-how does the fetus defend against it without a mature immune system?

I would expect that toxo becomes mildly active at times of illness [weakened
immunity] and could possibly damage organs. For AIDS patients this is often
a reality. It doesn't seem a widely researched subject.