New Journal (???)

Thomas McDonald mcdonaldte at home.com
Fri Nov 5 14:46:21 EST 1999

Dr. Pappas,
	I, for one, am more than ready.  In fact, I have been considering
publishing material of a bibliographic nature in CD-ROM format for some
time now.  However, I would draw your attention to the experience of the
publishers of "Wildlife Disease" in microcard format.  Evidently, there
is still some problems with the International Congress of Zoological
Nomenclature insistence on considering taxonomic units as only valid if
published in paper format.  I have not been able to follow this up, but
would be interested in learning if there are any changes being proposed
in the light of, as you say, the availability of new media for
publication purposes.  I, for one, am concerned about the increasing
page charges costs and time delays in publishing in paper format!
	Tom McDonald.