parasite on the brain

Dr. Peter W. Pappas pappas.3 at osu.edu
Wed Nov 24 13:54:39 EST 1999

Oh please, let's not degrade this NG by mentioning the bizarre beliefs and
writings of Hulda Clark.  She suggests that "all diseases" are caused by a
parasite (Fasciolopsis buskii), a parasite that is not even found in the
United States.  If this parasite causes "all diseases" (including cancer and
AIDS according to the titles of her books), but is not found in the United
States, how can hundreds of thousands of people in the US being dying of
these diseases?  Something is missing here (i.e., simple common sense).

Hulda Clark is not an oncologist; she is not a physician.  Her "medical
degree" (and I use the term very loosely here) is a N.D. (a neuropath, I
assume) from someplace (a diploma-mill) that is never mentioned in her books
or interviews.  She diagnoses diseases using totally worthless "devices,"
and then "cures" people using other totally worthless devices.  I challenge
anyone out there who believes in Hulda Clark's brand of medicine to show one
shred of evidence that her medicine works.  Do not point me to her books,
for I have read them all.  Her books are filled with misrepresentations,
incorrect facts, and outright lies.

Fortunately, at least a few people are getting wise to H.C.'s brand of
medicine.  In September 1999, Clark was arrested in San Diego, California,
an arrest based on a fugitive warrant from Indiana.  She was returned to
Indiana, and is currently out on bail awaiting trial.  You can find out more
about Clark's "bizarre beliefs" at Quackwatch
(http://www.quackwatch.com/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/Cancer/clark.html).

***************************************
Dr. Peter W. Pappas
Department of EEOB