Please help me identify this creature

Russell Farris tryggvi at email.msn.com
Tue Oct 5 20:27:37 EST 1999

        When I was a kid living in Indiana, I would play in the nearby creek
if there weren't any dinosaurs to hunt . One day I caught something like
what you are describing and showed it to my Grandfather who told me that
horsehairs left in the water came to life and wiggled like the creature I
had found. I believed that for more years than I care to remember. They were
fairly common in ponds and sluggish streams--even if there were no horses
around. :-)

        I never had any reason to believe they were parasites, but I've
always wondered what they were.

Russ Farris

news:7te35f$kg6$2 at ash.prod.itd.earthlink.net...