Two-host parasite

Dr. Peter W. Pappas pappas.3 at osu.edu
Tue Oct 26 06:04:07 EST 1999

I have never heard that mice infected with Toxoplasma gondii undergo such
behavioral changes.  Perhaps you are talking about ants infected with
metacercariae of Dicrocoelium dendriticum (an parasitic flatworm of
herbivores, and a "classic" example of how parasites manipulate host
behavior).

If you want more detailed information on the life cycle of Toxoplasma
gondii, and how this parasite is transmitted between hosts, I suggest that
you try the following URL -

http://www.biosci.ohio-state.edu/~parasite/toxoplasma.html

--
Dr. Peter W. Pappas