Microfilaria of flarial nematodes in dogs

Superonline alparslany at superonline.com
Tue Aug 1 05:55:54 EST 2000

Dear Sir/Madam
I'm mailing you from Turkey. I'm a graduated student in the faculity of veterinary in Ankara/Turkey. I'm going to study on the diagnose of microfilarias of filarial nematodes in dogs. I'm going to use Knot's Test and Difil Test(Filter test) for detecting the microfilarias in blood. But I have some problems. You know that there is some staining methods to distinguish the microfilarias (D.immitis, D.repens, D.reconditum). I'm researching the acid phosphatase (Alkalene Phosphatase) staining metod but I can't find procedure and critarias of this metod. If you know any about this and mail it to me I'll very pleased to you.
Sincerly yours,
Alparslan YLIDIRIM, PhD