Parasites in snakes

Mariaux jean.mariaux at
Wed May 10 07:16:12 EST 2000

In article <39172E72.4C350BD7 at>, Melanie Glander <m.glander at> wrote:

> Can anybody give me informations about endoparasites in Northamerican
> snakes? Which parasites can I found in which snake?
> Melanie

Melanie, your question is not specific enough. There are many snakes in
North America and much more parasite including Cestoda, Digenea,
Nematoda,  Acanthocephala, Pentastomida, not mentioning Protoza... Once
you've defined a host species for which you want to know more you can for
example search the Zoological Records ort the Helminthological Aabstracts.

Jean Mariaux
Muséum d'Histoire Naturelle
CP 6434
1211 Geneva 6
jean.mariaux at

(remove the extra text in the address to reply)