Testing with parasitic eggs

Antloga, Kathy Kathy_Antloga at steris.com
Fri Feb 9 19:02:31 EST 2001

    To any interested parasitologists or testing labs,

	  I am a microbiologist at STERIS Corporation (Mentor, OH)
searching for
     a laboratory that could perform some efficacy testing with pinworm
     or any other parasitic eggs of concern. Briefly, this would involve
     treatment of the eggs with a hydrogen peroxide product and
     if the treated eggs are no longer viable. Viability should
     be demonstrated via an animal model infectivity test.  I have found
     information in the literature which describes this type of efficacy
testing with
     parasitic eggs.  Do you or someone in your department have the
     to perform the type of test that I have briefly described?  If not,
     you know of any laboratories in the US,Canada or Europe that could
     these tests? I would also be very interested in hearing if you have
any additional
     information that might help me out in this area.  Please contact me
by e:mail
     or by phone,(440) 392-7703 (Eastern Standard Time). Thank-you for

     Kathy Antloga
     STERIS Corporation