Position Available: Research Technician at Union Biometrica in Somerville, MA

Greg O'Connor goconnor at unionbio.com
Tue Jan 16 06:15:00 EST 2001

Immediate Opening Available at Union Biometrica
Union Biometrica, Inc. (http://unionbio.com/) is a leader in automated dispensing and analysis of C. elegans, Drosophila melanogaster, and Danio rerio. Our first product for C. elegans research, the COPAS nematode sorter and dispenser, was released in January 1999. Since then, we have introduced a family of fluorescence-based instruments for analysis and sorting of multicellular organism as well as a more sophisticated high-speed analytical device. Why wait? Join our team of scientists and engineers as we develop fluorescence based instrumentation and associated in vivo assays.

Research Technician
-Molecular Biology-
This position entails the development of an extensive line of disease model organisms adapted to the COPAS Technology Platform that can be used in drug discovery and basic biomedical research.

We are looking for an energetic and focused individual with a strong background in molecular biology. Experience appropriate to the project would include restriction enzyme digestions, gel electrophoresis, DNA subcloning, PCR techniques, use of fluorescent reporters and microscopy skills. The position requires a minimum of a BA/BS degree in biology or a related science and at least two years experience working in the biological sciences. Interest in innovative instrumentation is required and experience with Drosophila malanogaster is preferred.

We offer highly competitive salaries and a broad benefits plan that includes free medical insurance and a company-matched pension plan.

For consideration, please send a copy of your resume plus a brief summary of prior research experience to Leonard Marchionni, Chief Operating Officer (email: lmarch at unionbio.com), Union Biometrica, Inc., 35 Medford Street, Suite 213, Somerville, MA 02143.

We look forward to hearing from you. Union Biometrica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.