Contacts request

Alberto M. R. Davila - DBBM davila at
Mon May 21 11:14:19 EST 2001

Dear All,

I am looking for the names and email addresses of people working on
(animal) trypanomomiases mainly in the following regions:

* Sub-Saharan Africa
* South Asia (India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka)
* South East Asia (particularly Myanmar, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia and

The reason is that we will start to discuss the status of trypanosomiases
in such regions towards the identification of research priorities and
appropiate control measures. Discussions with the most representative
researchers in each of these countries will be held by email during the next
few weeks.

Please feel free to forward this message to any interested people in the
above mentioned regions. I would be grateful if any reply to this message
is sent to both my email addresses listed below.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Alberto M. R. Davila
Lab. de Biologia Molecular de Tripanosomatideos
Av. Brasil 4365, Manguinhos
Rio de Janeiro, RJ- Brasil
Email: davila at
Alternative email: amrdavila at