Fasciola hepatica geographic isolates

David Johnston daj at nhm.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 18:21:17 EST 2002

Dear Colleagues,

We have funding from the Wellcome Trust to generate 15,000 expressed
sequence tags from several stages of the life cycle of Fasciola
hepatica. Much of this work will be performed using a local Irish
isolate and test sequencing of the first new cDNA library (adult fluke)
is about to start.

Part of the remit of this project is also to explore intra-specific
variation in the species, by generating ESTs from additional new adult
fluke cDNA libraries produced from different geographic isolates. We
hope to examine about 5 additional isolates and generate 500-1,000 ESTs
from each.

I am writing to request your assistance in supplying these additional
isolates. If you are able to supply fresh F. hepatica adults to us,
please contact me at the address below for detailed instructions on
fluke preparation and shipping. Full shipping and consumables costs will
be reimbursed.

All data and libraries generated by this project will be in the public
domain and available on request.

Thank you, in advance, for any assistance that you can provide.

David A. Johnston,
Secretary to the WHO Schistosoma Genome Network,
Biomedical Parasitology Division,
Dept. of Zoology,
The Natural History Museum,
Cromwell Road, London SW7 5BD, England, UK.

Tel: 020-7942-5566/5008/5566
Fax: 020-7942-5347
(from outside the UK: 44-20-7942 ****)
eMail daj at nhm.ac.uk

http://www.nhm.ac.uk/hosted_sites/schisto/

The  Biomedical Parasitology Division is a WHO Collaborating Centre for
the identification of schistosomes and their snail hosts.

---