precipitation of digested genomic DNA

AT at70 at
Wed Jan 16 11:29:45 EST 2002

Could anyone please help me with the following problem? I have purified genomic DNA. The ultimate goal is to construct a genomic library. Following the purification the DNA is EcoRI* digested run on an agarose gel and DNA of the appropriate size is subsequently purified using Qiax II (Qiagen). To reduce the volume of the sample I have subsequently used QiaQuick. However, the yield using this method is very low. In addition to this procedure I also tried ordinary ethanol precipitation, but the DNA somehow seems to disappear. Does anyone have an explanation for this and a protocol, which could help me?