postdoc in molecular parasitology

Arthur Günzl gunzl at uchc.edu
Wed Jan 29 10:43:20 EST 2003

We are a newly established research group at the University of
Connecticut Health Center in Farmington, CT, USA and we are interested
in gene expression and antigenic variation of protist parasites. Our
research focuses on RNA polymerase I-mediated transcription in
Trypanosoma brucei and its link to mono-allelic VSG gene expression
(for more info see web page).

We are looking for a postdoctoral scientist with expertise in
molecular biology, cell biology and/or biochemistry. The position
initially will be available for 2 years. The University of Connecticut
Health Center is an Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants should
send a c.v., a short description of research experience and the names
and contact details of two referees to

Arthur Günzl
Center for Microbial Pathogenesis
University of Connecticut Health Center