[Parasitology] Re: scalp parasites or what?

parasite at iubio.bio.indiana.edu parasite at iubio.bio.indiana.edu
Sat Apr 30 09:01:27 EST 2005


That sounds like a possible parasitic infection.Did your partner have a
sample of his scalp taken for biopsy?If not,it should be done.So he
probably needs to get his faeces,urin and blood tested for possible
parasitic infestation.Do you live in Sydney?If so,I warmly recommend
brilliant parasitologist from Concord Hospital,Dr.Graham Robertson.It
is,however,strongly recommended to avoid swimming in lakes or local
rivers,because they are full of protozoans(mostly amoebas-they can
cause severe diseases,including lethal amoebic meningoencephalitis-they
can penetrate through skin,nasal cavities or olfactory bulbs).I wish
you luck.




More information about the Parasite mailing list