[Parasitology] Dientamoeba fragilis

sue-ann fietkau via parasite%40net.bio.net (by sfietkau At sympatico.ca)
Wed Dec 6 17:35:11 EST 2006

I want to know if cats and dogs can spread this to humans. I was just
diagnosed with this parasite. I am a clean freak. Where did I get it
from.?
I live with lots of people, shared bathrooms also. People upstairs
always sick with colds. It is my family but living here temporary.
We have had 4 cats in the house and one dog. They all had a bad year
with fleas, a cat had worms and got very sick.Diarreah, etc.
I was always cleaning up the poop on carpets.probably didn't wash hands
after. My 6 yr old got a bug from school, diarreah and vomiting. His
symptoms stopped and we are after the docs tomorrow for a stool test.

Don't know if it is from the cat or the people in the house, flea eggs,
fleas, or worms, or even a house full of dust.

Please help.

Sue-Ann