[Parasitology] Re: Dientamoeba fragilis

JEDilworth via parasite%40net.bio.net (by bactitech At nospamhortonsbay.com)
Thu Dec 7 01:02:12 EST 2006

http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dpd/parasites/dientamoeba/default.htm

Check out this site.

Judy Dilworth, M.T. (ASCP)
Microbiology

  "sue-ann fietkau" <sfietkau At sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:mailman.317.1165452651.19683.parasite At net.bio.net...
  I want to know if cats and dogs can spread this to humans. I was just diagnosed with this parasite. I am a clean freak. Where did I get it from.?

  I live with lots of people, shared bathrooms also. People upstairs always sick with colds. It is my family but living here temporary.

  We have had 4 cats in the house and one dog. They all had a bad year with fleas, a cat had worms and got very sick.Diarreah, etc.

  I was always cleaning up the poop on carpets.probably didn't wash hands after. My 6 yr old got a bug from school, diarreah and vomiting. His symptoms stopped and we are after the docs tomorrow for a stool test.

  Don't know if it is from the cat or the people in the house, flea eggs, fleas, or worms, or even a house full of dust.

  Please help.

  Sue-Ann