[Parasitology] demodex

Goff, Mike via parasite%40net.bio.net (by Mike.Goff At indwes.edu)
Wed Jan 10 23:00:31 EST 2007

I have read Eric's question about finding Demodex folliculorum for an
undergraduate parasitology class. I have looked for this mite for a long
time without finding it too. Is there some secret? I have scraped my
forehead many times and pulled eyelashes with no real results. Yesterday
I had my whole class try the scraping/ eyelash thing and no one found
anything. I have had several years experience with the light microscope
and normally don't have trouble finding things.  Are these things that
hard to see?? Do they move at all? Mike