[Parasitology] Conference on Nematode Evolution --- Survey

avril.coghlan from googlemail.com via parasite%40net.bio.net (by avril.coghlan from googlemail.com)
Wed Sep 5 04:18:13 EST 2007

We are conducting a survey to see how many people would likely attend
a major conference on the Evolution & Ecology of Nematodes, which
would be held in 2010 at a site in Europe (tentatively in the UK).
This conference is intended as the successor to the wildly successful
EMBO Workshop  on the evolutionary biology of Caenorhabditis held in
Portugal in May, 2006.  This meeting would cover the evolution of
Caenorhabditis species and also of other nematodes.  Participants
would include basic researchers working in the areas of population
genetics, molecular evolution, genome evolution, experimental
evolution, developmental evolution, biodiversity and phylogenetics,
ecology, and the evolution of parasitism. The meeting would be for
both bioinformaticians and wet-lab biologists.  The overall goals are
to bring together people from diverse fields to further develop the
Caenorhabditis  system for comparative biology and to better connect
it to the wider context of  the phylum Nematoda.

To help our application for funding for the conference, we need to
know how many people would be interested in attending. . If you are
inclined to attend such a conference, please email either of and let
us know:

1. What is your position?  (principal investigator/postdoc/graduate
student/other)

2. If not a PI, with what lab are you affiliated? (give name of PI)

3. If a PI, how many people from your lab would attend?

4. If you attended the 2006 meeting, have you initiated any new
collaborations or begun new programs of research as a result?  [Note
that we may quote some responses in our application.]

Thanks in advance,

Eric Haag (University of Maryland) ehaag from umd.edu

Avril Coghlan (Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute) alc from sanger.ac.uk