[Parasitology] Glycerine ammonium picrate preparation

Timothée Poisot via parasite%40net.bio.net (by t.poisot from gmail.com)
Fri Mar 21 12:53:08 EST 2008

Hello,

I am working on monogeneans, and to illustrate my work, I would like
to shoot some pictures of my parasites stained in glycerine ammonium
picrate (it's also far more convenient to conserve them). I know the
protocol was described by Malmberg in 1957, but I was unable to find
the publication.

Does any of you know how to prepare this solution?

Also, I heard that some components are explosive — and they are more
likely to be banned in France. Are there any alternatives?

Thanks a lot

Timothée Poisot