Postdocs in physical bioinorganic chemistry

Sue Brown sbrown at pietro.pichem.adelaide.edu.au
Fri May 21 13:52:57 EST 1993

Hi,

I am currently a PhD student, writing my thesis on the physical chemistry of
inclusion complexes (specifically in cyclodextrin systems).  I hope to
finish writing within the next few months.  I have a few enquiries about
postdoctoral positions in the general area of physical bioinorganic chemistry,
eg, electron transfer in proteins, binding of substrates to enzymes, molecular
recogniton, etc.  As this is slightly outside the area I currently work in,
it is hard to know who the leading researchers around the world are (despite
the huge amount of reading I have been doing).

I suppose I have two general enquiries:

1. Who do you think the leading researchers in these areas are?
I am basically a physical chemist, so I am only interested in
physical measurements on biological
(or model) systems, and not in the synthetic aspects of this work.

2. If anyone knows of any interesting postdocs in physical bioinorganic
chemistry ... I'd love to know!

I can send a copy of my Curriculum Vitae to anyone who is interested.

It would be most appropriate to reply to me by email, and thanks for any
info you can give me,

Sue

P.S. I posted this request to sci.chem a week or two ago, and got some
interesting responses - just thought I'd try the biochemistry perspective
on things versus the chemistry perspective!

--
Sue Brown
Department of Chemistry, University of Adelaide, South Australia 5005
Phone: 61 8 303 5711  Fax: 61 8 223 6771  email: sbrown at pichem.adelaide.edu.au