Computer models of light stage

Raymond C. Paton rcp at csc.liv.ac.uk
Fri May 21 10:11:58 EST 1993

I am at the stage of developing some
models of the Light Stage of photosynthesis
which reflect computational activities in
this process.

The source for the model is basically a
Scientific American article by Hinckle
and McCarty: How Cells make ATP.
I have used this because it illustrates the
process of non-cyclic photophosphorylation
very well for our purposes. However, I am
conscious that it may be somewhat out of data
and there are certain issues it does not address.

Can anyone help with the following:

1 Are there more recent models of the process ?

2 How are the molecules in the membrane organised
in space and how does this organisation change with time ?

3 Has any work been done on discrete models of
non-cyclic photophosphorylation or related processes ?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Ray Paton

Dr Ray Paton
Department of Computer Science