4 Postdocs - U. Nevada. Plant responses to climate change ...

Jonathan B. Marder MARDER at agri.huji.ac.il
Tue Nov 23 11:27:23 EST 1993

In article <9310187536.AA753661974 at FS.SCS.UNR.EDU> bowers at FS.SCS.UNR.EDU (Jeama Bowers) writes:
>          the attached document is in wp51 format.
>The following is an attached File item from cc:Mail.  It contains
>eight bit information which had to be encoded to insure successful trans-
>mission through various mail systems.  To decode the file use the UUDECODE

************* And here is the decoded text for you - JM *******************
Advertisement for Science - 12 NOV 1993

                  Four Postdoctoral Positions

Plant  Responses to Global Climate Change Program, University  of
Nevada

The University of Nevada System, supported by a substantial grant
from  the  NSF,  is  initiating  a  broad-scale  study  of  plant
impact  of  rising atmospheric CO2 concentration on ecosystem  to
molecular-level    plant   processes.     This    research    and
infrastructure  development program will bring together  new  and
existing  faculty  from  the  University  of  Nevada,  Reno,  the
University  of  Nevada,  Las  Vegas,  and  the  Desert   Research
Institute  in a collaborative effort centered around  the  new  5
million  dollar world-class controlled environment  plant  growth
facility  at  the  Desert Research Institute  in  Reno.   We  are
initially   seeking  to  fill  4  postdoctoral   positions   with
outstanding   Ph.D-level  scientists  who  can  make  substantial
contributions in at least one of the following three areas:

      1)    Effects  of  elevated  CO2  on  plant  gene
expression/regulation (1 position)

      2)   Carbon and water exchange characteristics of
plants at elevated CO2 from the leaf to mesocosm  level
(2 positions)

      3)   Role of source-sink relations and/or hormone
balances  in  controlling the  response  of  plants  to
elevated CO2 (1 position)

Postdoctoral  positions  are for up  to  3  years,  depending  on
progress,  with  a  starting salary of  $30,000  per  year,  plus
benefits.  These positions will be in Reno, Nevada, which  is  an
outdoor-oriented  community on the  western  edge  of  the  Great
Basin, and nestled against the eastern flank of the Sierra  below
Lake  Tahoe.   Hiking, skiing, biking, fishing and  other  water-
related  activities are primary attractions of the  area.   Close
scientific   connections   and   collaborations   exist   between
scientists in this program and those at nearby institutions (e.g.
UC Davis, Stanford).

Interested individuals should submit their curriculum  vitae  and
names,  addresses  and  phone  numbers  of  three  references  by
December 31, 1993 to Dr. Jeff Seemann, Plant Responses to  Global
Climate Change Program, Department of Biochemistry, University of
Nevada,  Reno, Nevada 89557-0044.  Questions can be  directed  to
this    address,    702/784-6031,    702/784-1419    (FAX)     or
seemann at fs.scs.unr.edu (internet).

The  University  of  Nevada  is an Equal  Opportunity/Affirmative
Action  employer and does not discriminate on the basis of  race,
color,  religion,  sex,  age,  creed,  national  origin,  veteran
status,  physical  or mental disability, and in  accordance  with
University policy, sexual orientation, in any program or activity
it operates.  The University of Nevada employs only United States
citizens  and  aliens lawfully authorized to work in  the  United
States.

__
Jonathan B. Marder                 '
Department of Agricultural Botany  |     Internet: MARDER at AGRI.HUJI.AC.IL
The Hebrew University of Jerusalem | /\/ Bitnet:   MARDER at HUJIAGRI
P.O.Box 12, Rehovot 76100, ISRAEL  /     Fax:      (08 or +9728) 467763