Photosynthesis at high CO2

Philip Anthony Fay silfres at matt.ksu.ksu.edu
Thu Feb 24 15:07:06 EST 1994

Can anyone point me to some information on the behavior of rubisco at
very high (such as 5%) CO2? I've done some work on the photosynthetic
dynamics of soybean leaf discs during step changes in light (300-1000 uE)
measured with a Hansatech oxygen electrode system.  I've been criticized
that any photosynthetic dynamic behavior seen with this system is just an
artifact of the super high CO2 and has no bearing on leaf behavior under
normal conditions. Thanks very much for your help! Any advice/comments will
be appreciated.

Phil Fay
Division of Biology
Ackert Hall